Custom Home Building – New Construction Contractor
Solis Builders of Louisiana is a local Custom Home Building Contractor. We are here to build your dream home for you and your family to enjoy for years to come. Call us today at (337) 852-3628 to get started!
What is a Custom Home?
It is a one-of-a-kind house that is designed for a specific client and for a particular location. Custom homes afford consumers the opportunity to control layout, lot size, and accessibility.
As the name implies, the process of building a custom home is less scripted because there are no pre-defined choices or menus to choose from. With custom homes:
- The home can be built on land you own or land that you acquire.
- You can supply a floor plan or commission a set of floor plans to be drawn from scratch.
- You can work with a separate architect and builder.
- You can work with the builder from before you acquire land or plans and avoid many mistakes.
- You’ll be more involved in the process and have the opportunity to make many decisions.
- You can pick from nearly any product in a category — within your budget, of course – rather than selecting from a defined menu of choices.
According to the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB), most production-based home builders:
- Offer home and land as a package
- Offer a range of house plans to choose from
- Allow buyers to select their favorite style/design from a menu in several product categories
- Build homes priced for first-time, move-up and luxury buyers
- Often have homes already built (homes sold on speculation – or spec homes) in a subdivision that may be move-in ready, but you have no say in choices.
Why Use a Custom Builder? Once you select a custom builder, you can supply your own floor plan or work with an architect to design a home from scratch. A builder can recommend architects. As a custom-home buyer, you can select most of the details in your home and you can even work closely with your builder to design a floor plan that works around existing trees on your land and that places your windows to take advantage of the best views.
When building a custom home, your choices are nearly unlimited. The main restrictions are your budget and any building code or zoning limitations. If you find that freedom to create a home from a blank sheet of paper to be exciting, then building a custom home is likely for you.
Because the process of building a custom home is, not surprisingly, truly customized, you’ll typically spend a lot more time designing and constructing your new home than you would if you work with a production builder.
That said, knowing what to expect at each stage — and especially what choices you’ll make and when — can make your custom home process smooth and result in the home you’ve always dreamed about.
The choice is yours!
Serving South Central Louisiana
Includes but not limited to the parishes of: Lafayette, Acadia, Evangeline, Iberville, St Landry, St Martin, Vermilion.
Cities include but not limited to: Lafayette, Abbeville, Arnaudville, Breaux Bridge, Broussard, Carencro, Cecilia, Church Point, Crowley, Eunice, Franklin, Henderson, Jeanerette, Krotz Springs, Opelousas, New Iberia, Port Barre, Rayne, St Martinville, Ville Platte, Youngsville.